A big thank you to all participants and panelist. It was a great day. See you all on 2024
According to Mind (the National Association for Mental Health) 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year in England. 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (like anxiety and depression) in any given week in England.
Footy Addicts presents the 2023 Mental Health Awareness Tournament! We’ve invited mental health charities to a panel discussion, offering everyone a unique chance to listen and learn. This is an open invitation to all players to be part of this enlightening dialogue. Together, we can shape a healthier, more understanding community.
United on and off the pitch!
Join the 2023 Mental Health Awareness Tournament – empowering minds, promoting wellness, and sparking conversations around mental health.
When & Where ⭐
Date: Sunday 2 July 2023
Location: Market Road Football Pitches, Islington, London, N7 9PL
Time: 12pm – 6pm (registration opens 11:30am)
Tournament information and format 👀
- Teams: 7-a-side, with a max of 3 subs per team
- Format: 3 groups of 6 teams (max), playing against each other. First 2 of each group plus 2 out of 3 best third going through the knockout stage
- Game time: 10 mins
- Cost per team: £150 (Fee must be paid in order to secure your spot. Fee is not refundable, non transferable)
- Refs: Fully qualified FA referees
Venue information 📍
- Pitch: Quality 3G artificial pitch, all weather surface, big goals, sidelines
- Facilities: Changing rooms and showers available
- Getting there: 10 minutes walk from Caledonian Rd and Caledonian Road – Barnsbury stations
- Car park: Street parking available
⚽️ Footy Addicts stands in solidarity with mental health charities. We’ll be hosting awareness campaigns, sharing educational content provided by these charities, and encouraging our community to contribute to these essential causes.